The Central Oklahoma Transportation & Parking Authority (COTPA) is a provider of multi-modal transit services in the Greater Oklahoma City area, including fixed-route bus, paratransit and river ferry public transportation services. As part of its service planning efforts, COTPA proposes changes to existing routes 2, 9, 3,10,13, 19 and 22; proposed addition of a commuter express service from the Northwest corridor; and proposed addition of Sunday service to reflect the agency?셲 goals to maximize ridership and efficiency, meet the operations budget, and include public research and input. All proposed changes are not guaranteed and are pending additional funding.
I. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that public hearings will be held by the Central Oklahoma Transportation & Parking Authority on the following dates/times and at the following locations:
- A Public Hearing will occur at 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. on Monday, June 18 at the Ralph Ellison Library located at 2000 NE 23rd Street (located along Routes 2, 19 and 22)
- A second Public Hearing will be from 5:35 -7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 20 at the Warr Acres Library located at 5901 NW 63rd Street (located along Route 8).
- A third Public Hearing will be from 11:00 a.m. - 12 p.m. on Thursday, June 21 at the Capitol Hill Library located at 334 SW 26 Street in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (located adjacent to Routes 14, 20 and 40).
This hearing is held for the purpose of giving information and receiving comments on the following proposed transit service changes:
II. Description of Proposed Changes: COTPA proposes changes to local fixed-route bus service; introduction of a commuter express service from the Northwest corridor by Fall and proposed addition of Sunday Service later this year. COTPA has prepared detailed service change descriptions for comment which include changes to the following routes: 2, 9, 3, 10, 13, 19 and 22 and those route changes will go into effect July 22. The public hearings are to explain the proposed changes and to obtain public comments on service.
III. The format for the public hearings will include an open house comment period. COTPA representatives will be available to answer questions and discuss the proposed service scenarios. Public comment may be given verbally or in writing.
IV. To assure full participation at the hearing, accommodations for effective communication, such as sign language interpreters or printed materials in alternate formats, or a language interpreter for non-English speaking participants, must be requested at least five (5) working days prior to the date of the scheduled event. Requests for ADA accommodations or a language interpreter should be directed to COTPA Title VI Officer at (405) 297-1889.
V. Comments may also be submitted to COTPA as follows:
- Online comments may be submitted by visiting www.gometro.org
- Written comments may be mailed to Hearing Officer, 300 SW 7, OKC, OK 73109
- Email comments may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone comments may be directed to Customer Service at (405) 235-7433
- All comments will become part of the public hearing record if received by 5:00 p.m. on June 25, 2012.
VI. Relevant information about the proposed changes will be available at the public hearings, viewed online at www.gometro.org, or reviewed at the Downtown Transit Center, 420 NW 5, Oklahoma City, from June 6, 2012 until June 25, 2012. Comments must be postmarked or received by COTPA no later than June 25, 2012 to be part of the public hearing record.
Detail of Service Changes ENGLISH
Wed, June 6, 2012
by METRO Transit filed under