Preparing for winter weather and other emergencies
If we have a severe winter storm, it's likely bus service will be disrupted.
Be prepared: take a few minutes to learn about the travel alternatives that will meet your needs, and review our tips for commuting in extreme weather.
BEFORE the Storm
Know before you go:
- Review your options ahead of time. Check online bus schedules.
- Sign up for alerts: Learn about weather related detours or cancellations for your bus service by following us us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Have a backup plan.
DURING the Storm
Get the information you need:
- Check for weather detours before you leave for the bus stop
- Watch the news or listen to the radio for updates
- Call 235-7433 for Service Alerts
Give yourself plenty of time to get to a stop or transit center.
Use caution when walking on wet or icy surfaces. Please dress warmly and be prepared to wait; you may be outdoors longer than expected. Buses are unlikely to stay on schedule.